- CIRFA Seminar on 23 Septemberby Andrea Schneider on 2021-09-14 at 14:00
Welcome to this autumn`s first CIRFA seminar. The seminar will be given by Robbie Mallett on "Snow on Arctic sea ice - much still to learn from Soviet Drifting stations". Welcome! The post CIRFA Seminar on 23 September appeared first on CIRFA.
- Mapping sea ice from spaceby Andrea Schneider on 2021-09-10 at 09:21
Have you wondered how sea ice maps can be provided for vast and remote areas? Read on when you are curious to learn about mapping sea ice from space! The post Mapping sea ice from space appeared first on CIRFA.
- Special Course on Ocean Color Remote Sensingby Andrea Schneider on 2021-09-06 at 12:08
Katalin Blix, Muhammad Asim, Atsushi Matsuoka and Torbjørn Eltoft are giving a special course on Ocean Color Remote Sensing. The post Special Course on Ocean Color Remote Sensing appeared first on CIRFA.
- Detecting mineral oil slicks in ice covered seas from spaceby Andrea Schneider on 2021-08-25 at 08:41
The thinning and retreating of the Arctic sea ice has led to increased human presence in Arctic seas. Marine traffic is likely to increase in the future, as are activities such as fishing, oil and mineral exploitation. All these activities increase the risk for oil spills in ice-covered waters. Yet, the technology used to monitor… The post Detecting mineral oil slicks in ice covered seas from space appeared first on CIRFA.
- We are hiring: Professor/Associate Professor in Earth Observationby Andrea Schneider on 2021-07-05 at 11:32
The Department of Physics and Technology (IFT) at UiT The Arctic University of Tromsø has an open permanent position as a professor/associate professor in Earth Observation. The post We are hiring: Professor/Associate Professor in Earth Observation appeared first on CIRFA.
- The 2020 Annual Report is availableby Andrea Schneider on 2021-06-30 at 11:46
CIRFA`s annual report for 2020 is now available. Read about the research and innovation highlights and a summary of the activities. The post The 2020 Annual Report is available appeared first on CIRFA.
- Congratulations to Rolf-Ole and Artem for achieving your PhDs!by Andrea Schneider on 2021-06-28 at 08:01
Rolf-Ole Rydeng Jenssen and Artem Moiseev both completed their PhDs this May – a big stepping stone on what is still to come. CIRFA is proud of you and we are curious to see you grow even more. The post Congratulations to Rolf-Ole and Artem for achieving your PhDs! appeared first on CIRFA.
- New paper on marine environmental monitoring: Improving Chlorophyll-A Estimation From Sentinel-2 Using Machine Learningby Andrea Schneider on 2021-06-22 at 12:51
Muhammad Asims new paper addresses new methodologies for remote sensing of marine Chlorophyll-a (Chl-a) with emphasis on the Barents Sea. The post New paper on marine environmental monitoring: Improving Chlorophyll-A Estimation From Sentinel-2 Using Machine Learning appeared first on CIRFA.
- Camilla Brekke is the new pro-rector for research at UiTby Andrea Schneider on 2021-06-15 at 14:34
Camilla Brekke from CIRFA and the Department of Physics and Technology is the new pro-rector for research at UiT. She will start in August, together with the new rector Dag Rune Olsen and pro-rector for education, Kathrine Tveiterås. Camilla is looking forward to new tasks and challenges to support innovative research at UiT. CIRFA is congratulating! The post Camilla Brekke is the new pro-rector for research at UiT appeared first on CIRFA.
- Podcast: A village on iceby Andrea Schneider on 2021-06-14 at 09:39
Welcome to ‘Behind the Scenes’, the podcast series of the EU Research and Innovation Exhibition, part of the EU Research and Innovation Days 2021. The episode "A village on ice" is connected to the MOSAiC expedition and open questions in Earth climate sciences, but it also talks about Polona Itkins background and what inspired her to become a researcher. The post Podcast: A village on ice appeared first on CIRFA.